A few months ago, as some of the more loyal readers know, I was contacted on behalf of EMBRATUR, the Brazilian Tourism Board, about a potential contest or giveaway on the Eco Tourism Blog, based on my prior posts about destinations and sustainable activities, so I thought this may be of interest.
To spread the word about Brazil’s natural beauty, I partnered with the public relations firm representing EMBRATUR, to give away signed and framed photographs of the Brazilian Amazon by award-winning photojournalist Peter Guttman to my readers. A magazine reviewer recently proclaimed, “View the world through Peter Guttman’s eyes once and chances are you’ll want to wear those glasses for the rest of your life.” The photos available were displayed as part of the annual meetings at the United Nations last year.
Here’s photos I took of the beautifully (and solidly) framed, heavy, high gloss photo:
Here are the contest rules:
The contest starts November 15th, 2009. I am asking readers to write in with their best adventure or outdoor vacation memory, experiences with South American travel or the one place they’ve always wanted to travel to in the world.
I only accept submissions on the blog itself, which means you’ll need to register. (Registration is free, and I take your privacy seriously. Your email will never be used for any other purpose than to contact you, and will never, ever, be sold to anyone).
The contest ends at midnight PST on December 15, 2009, and I’ll promptly ship the photographs out immediately.
For your reference, the value of each photo is about $800, and they are professionally framed, 16- by 24-inch photos.
Facts about the Amazon
- Sixty percent of the Amazon rainforest is contained within Brazil.
- The Amazon welcomed nearly 500,000 tourists in 2008
- The Amazon represents more than half of the planet’s remaining rainforests and comprises the largest and most species-rich tract of tropical rainforest in the world.
- The Amazon boasts 324 mammals, 2,500 species of fish and 1,800 different species of birds.
Good luck to you!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Tuesday Travel Trivia (Week 53): Now with awesome prizes! (gadling.com)
- Gisele Bundchen UN Ambassador: Takes On Brazil President Over Amazon (huffingtonpost.com)
- Press Release: Scorpions – Amazonia: Live In The Jungle DVD (2009) artwork & release dates announced (heavymetaladdiction.com)
- Ecosystem erosion quickening, scientists say (cbc.ca)